Monday, March 30, 2009

Two weeks ago we went to see the firefighters and emt.s in narragansett. In the afternoon, we went to lunch with Brendan Doyle and his mom and Brendan is a state trooper. Brendan saw me in Rhode Island hospital, and it was very difficult for him to see me like that. At lunch, we talked about how we both already thought we were all better and hated going to therapy and things that are similar to that. We both said to our Moms, "I'm not stupid". Brendan knows pretty much exactly what I went through, and it makes sense to relate to someone who understands how I feel. During this week and last week I go to St. Josephs in Providence for speech and OT. OT primarily focuses on things that have to do with my left hand such as sqeezing things and also some things to do with math. But as far as living skills, I had those down at Braintree, and as soon as I got home. Speech focuses on organizational skills, school work such as math like long division, and note taking. PT in warwick is awesome. I'm working on my endurance, my balance, and my tone. By the end of the first day he told me that I could go to the gym where my Mom and I used to go. Today he told me that it was my best day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

You go Courtney! Everyone has faith that you will accomplish your goals.
Keep up the good work!
love and prayers
The Spaziano's

Claudia said...

I love you courtney. I'm so proud of your accomplishments! See you at Braintree today! Xoxo
Claudia aka your juney

Anonymous said...

Awesome Courtney!
Thinking of you, Emma's Aunt Maureen

strongish said...

Courtney, I'm a college student from Boston and came across your blog at the time of the accident. I've been following along and I am THRILLED to hear how well you've been doing. Keep up the great work! I am so happy for you and your family!