Friday, March 13, 2009

One month home anniversary!

Today is the best day ever, I've been home for a month! And I've had sleepovers, I went shopping and I finally went to the house I used to live in to go to a welcome back courtney party, the only reason I went there is because my teeth are normal. I went to my friend's houses and had a ton of fun. We toured sargent and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Except that some people were there that are not as advanced as me. Some are in wheelchairs and cannot speak but when I go there I won't be in groups with them because they need to be one-on-one with a therapist. The director of the program saw me when I was asleep in Braintree, and she could not believe how much better I was. And she said if I could survive all of that and get out of Braintree, then I can do the same thing at sargent. I'll pray for those young adults at sargent who need to be as well as they once were. And tomorrow, we're going to the Narragansett fire station and some of the police who came to the scene to bring them cupcakes which I'm baking. And for late lunch we'll go with Trooper Doyle who is back to his job, but at one time he also had a brain injury. Today I went to Elite Physical Therapy, and he told me that whenever I am not there I can go to the gym down here and ride the bike for ten minutes the gyn is in Peace Dale that my mom and I joined. I have been waiting to go to the gym in so long, and finally I can! So I hope that you continue to pray for those young adults at sargent who really need your help. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
I am so glad you are back on your feet! Your are one tough cookie, and you have a wonderful, loving family. Keep it up, you will be back at URI soon enough!
~Erika Damiani

Anonymous said...

Good work Courtney! I hope you make lots of cupcakes for those angels who helped save your life. You are a miracle. I know you will fly through Sargent Rehab as fast as you did Braintree and delight everyone. Enjoy your weekend.

love
mrs spaziano

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney!
Thanks for stopping by the Fire Station today! Like we said, we have been following your blog and are happy to see your doing well. Thank you for the cupcakes! They were great!
Your welcome back at the station ANYTIME. We are pretty good cooks ourselves, and we can return the favor. Drop in!

Anonymous said...

:o